When to use single purchase business model?
This can be relevant for some specific situations:
- If some premium content can’t be included in the subscription offer, such as AAA (video games produced and distributed by major publishers) and new PC games releases
- For movies just released in VOD and only accessible in TVOD
- For live content, especially in sports, with a pay per view approach (providing a way to pay for matches)
An offer for Gaming and VOD : mixing two business models
Based on these facts, DV now offers these alternatives for Gaming and VOD offers:
Taking as an example our Fuze Forge gaming platform, with an original value proposition for customers, they can do both :
- Subscription = an unlimited access to :
- a catalog of +3000 games (PC, Android, html5)
- an e-sport platform and exclusive streaming video content
- Single purchase = a permanent discount on a store of +3000 games sold in single purchase
- Premium content with worldwide recognized games
Another example goes for our VOD platform « Playvod ». Digital Virgo partnered with various studios, in order to propose both SVOD & TVOD.
- SVOD enabling customers to access an unlimited catalog of movies and series.
- Meanwhile, a wide choice of newest movies are also sold through single purchase business model with TVOD.
A win-win solution at every level
By mixing these two models, it becomes beneficial for both consumers and merchants :
- For Consumers – bringing value to the them by combining two purchasing models and proposing a wide range of premium content that goes beyond the simple subscription offer.
- For Content Producers – enabling Digital Virgo to expand its offer, proposing not only bigger distribution opportunities, but also bigger audience and potential consumers for content producers and publishers.